Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"One More Thing"

Click photo for larger image.

Basically this comic and the last two ones are set in the same venue. Our band BOX OF BIRDS played at this new(ish) venue called The Strange near LACC. It's pretty spacious with a good sound system. However, it is implied in this comic that there is no audience. That's not completely true. There were 3 people in the audience: the sound guy, the door lady and the girlfriend.

Psh. I've played to emptier rooms...no not my bedroom.

The thing that I dislike the most about being in a band is the promoting. Well, it's not like I don't like it, I just don't have a grasp on the concept. Sure, I tell my friends and then what? Also, my friends have seen me perform the same 7 songs for the past 6 years. Why would they bother? I don't blame them.


1 comment:

  1. best way to promote is to talk to other bands, and make fliers and pass them out. get shows with bands you really like, we all have to be interested in another to make it!

    ReplyDelete